Thank you for your interest in the Indian River School District. We invite you to explore employment opportunities at our online application system on our district website or on the Join Delaware Schools website. In order to be considered for an interview, please complete the following steps:
1. Visit irsd.net
2. Click on the "Employment" button under the main banner of the home page and select the position you are interested in. This will direct you to the Join Delaware Schools website.
3. Create an account if you are a new user, or login if you are an existing user, and complete an Employment Application during the posting period.
4. In order to submit the application, you must provide three professional reference letters or surveys that have been completed within the past year. Proof of a high school diploma or transcript is required for all positions. In addition, some positions will require official copies of your college transcripts and/or professional certificates.
5. If you are hired in an instructional or professional position, official transcripts are required if you do not currently hold Delaware certification.
6. A Criminal Background Check, Child Protection Registry Check, and TB test within the last five years must also be completed prior to your first day of employment.
1. All interested applicants may apply for a job during the posting period. All completed and submitted applications will be considered.
2. Once a job posting has closed, the Personnel Department will review all applications for the following information:
• Applicant has completed & submitted the employment application.
• Applicant meets the minimum educational requirements for the position.
• Applicant possesses the certification and/or license required for the position (if applicable).
• Applicant can perform the duties of the position, with reasonable accommodations.
3. Applicants who meet these minimal requirements are eligible for interview consideration.
4. Building Administrators will review eligible applicants and select the most qualified candidates to be interviewed.
5. An interview committee will conduct interviews and select a candidate who will be recommended to the Board of Education for hire. This recommendation will be based on qualifications, experience, feedback from references and interview results.
6. The successful candidate will be recommended to the Board of Education at the next available meeting for official hiring approval.
7. All applicants will be notified through the application portal when a position has been filled and closed.
8. Prior to a final offer of employment the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background investigation including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check. False or misleading application or resume information or false or misleading statements made as part of the screening and interview process may result in the withdrawal of the employment offer.
9. In the event that the district is unable to receive the results of the criminal background investigation prior to the commencement of employment, the district may make the offer of employment contingent on its successful completion.
10. The district also reserves the right to take disciplinary action up to and including termination where false or misleading statements are discovered after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Personnel Department staff can be contacted for additional support throughout the application and onboarding process at 302-436-1000.
Equal Opportunity Employment
All practices, procedures, and policies of the Indian River School District shall clearly exemplify that there is no discrimination in the hiring, training, assignment, promotion, transfer or discipline of employees or in the educational programs and activities of students on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, creed, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, pregnancy, age, ancestry, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. The District offers additional service to students with limited English language skills or with disabilities so that they may benefit from these programs.
Todas las prácticas, procedimientos y políticas del distrito escolar de Indian River ejemplificarán claramente que no hay ninguna discriminación en el empleo, el entrenamiento, la promoción, la transferencia, o la disciplina de los empleados o en el programa educativo y las actividades de los estudiantes en la base de la raza, el color, la origen nacional, el sexo, el credo, la religión el estado de veterano, la orientación sexual, el estado civil, el estado de ciudadanía, el embarazo, la edad, la ascendencia, la discapacidad, la identidad del sexo, la información genética, el estado militar, ni cualquier otras característica protegida por la ley. El distrito les ofrece servicio adicional a los estudiantes con las destrezas limitadas en el idioma inglés o con unas incapacidades para que puedan beneficiar de estos programas.
Inquiries regarding compliance with the above can be directed to:
Director of Personnel
Indian River School District
31 Hosier St.
Selbyville, Delaware, 19975
Phone: (302) 436-1000