To assist local teams of families, educators, and other service providers throughout Delaware in the delivery of communication-driven quality education to students who are deaf or hard of hearing through technical assistance, professional development and family support.
Click here to view State Flier
- All students can learn given high expectations, opportunity, and support to access curriculum.
- The family is the cornerstone for educational planning and student success.
- Family and students are informed, respected and supported as full educational team members. Their contributions and priorities are equally valued.
- Cultural competence and acceptance by all team members are the foundation for interactions.
- Educational decisions and plans are communication-driven and take into consideration “critical mass.”
- Collaborative teamwork skills are essential to developing and providing quality education.
- The local education agency is primarily responsible for the education of all of its students. Local capacity is strengthened through shared knowledge, skills, and resources.
- Technical assistance promotes best instructional practices. Outcomes are clearly identified, needs-driven and measurable. These services are equitable across the state.