Thank you for your interest in the Indian River School District. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Upon request, reasonable accommodations are available for qualified applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. Effective August 1, 2007, the Indian River School District will no longer accept paper applications for any positions. In order to be considered for an interview, please complete the following steps:
1. Visit http://www.irsd.net
2. Click on the blue "Employment Opportunities" button under the main banner of the home page.
3. Complete and submit an Employment Application during the posting period of the job or jobs for which you are applying.
4. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance in registering and completing an employment application, the Department of Personnel is available to help you. Contact Suzanne Lingo at (302) 436-1000 for assistance.
5. If you are selected for an interview, four letters of reference (no older than one year) and copies of all college transcripts and certificates must be submitted to Personnel prior to your interview or brought with you to your interview.
6. If you are hired, official transcripts are required if you do not hold Delaware certification.
7. A Criminal Background Check, Child Protection Registry Check, TB test within the last five years and physical within the last year must also be completed prior to your first day of employment. The Department of Personnel staff will assist in completion of all required documentation.
1. All interested applicants may apply for a job during the posting period. All completed applications will be considered.
2. When a job posting has closed, the Department of Personnel will review all applications for the following information:
Applicant has completed the employment application.
Applicant meets the minimum educational requirements for the position.
Applicant possesses the certification and/or license required for the position (if applicable).
Applicant can perform the duties of the position, with reasonable accommodations.
3. Applicants who meet these minimal requirements are eligible for interview consideration.
4. A committee will review eligible applicants and the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
5. An interview committee will conduct interviews and select a candidate who will be recommended to the Board of Education for hire. This recommendation will be based on qualifications, experience, feedback from references and interview results.
6. The successful candidate will be recommended to the Board of Education at the next available Board of Education meeting.
7. All applicants will be notified when a position has been filled.
8. Prior to a final offer of employment the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background investigation including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification and criminal background check. False or misleading application or resume information or false or misleading statements made as part of the screening and interview process may result in the withdrawal of the employment offer. In the event that the district is unable to complete the background investigation prior to the commencement of employment, the district may make the offer of employment contingent on its successful completion. The district also reserves the right to take disciplinary action up to and including termination where false or misleading statements are discovered after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
All practices, procedures, and policies of the Indian River School District shall clearly exemplify that there is no discrimination in the hiring, training, assignment, promotion, transfer or discipline of employees or in the educational programs and activities of students on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age within statutory limits, gender, domicile, marital status or disability in accordance with state and federal laws. The District offers additional service to students with limited English language skills or with disabilities so that they may benefit from these programs.
Todas las prácticas, procedimientos y políticas del distrito escolar de Indian River ejemplificarán claramente que no hay ninguna discriminación en el empleo, el entrenamiento, la promoción, la transferencia, o la disciplina de los empleados o en el programa educativo y las actividades de los estudiantes en la base de la raza, el credo, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, la edad dentro de los límites estatutarios, el sexo, el domicilio, el estado civil o la incapacidad de acuerdo con las leyes estatales y federales. El distrito les ofrece servicio adicional a los estudiantes con las destrezas limitadas en el idioma inglés o con unas incapacidades para que puedan beneficiar de estos programas.
Inquiries regarding compliance with the above can be directed to:
Director of Personnel
Indian River School District
31 Hosier St.
Selbyville, Delaware, 19975
Phone: (302) 436-1000